Software Verification Engineer
CS Group - Canada Inc. - Montréal, Quebec
CS Canada, a subsidiary of CS Group, is a leader in the development and certification of safety-critical systems in the defense, aeronautics, autonomous driving and railways industries.
Joining CS Canada is a unique opportunity to work on complex high-tech systems for the most prestigious system manufacturers in North America, and our employees benefit from competitive salaries, complete benefits, and flexible work location and schedule.
Today CS Canada is looking for a Software Verification Engineer. His/her role will be to test embedded software applications embedded on aircraft and space system like engine control, flight management systems, display/avionics systems. The role may evolve to perfrom software development. The positions are to be fulfilled immediately.
Under the responsibility of the Software Test Specialist, you will be integrated in an engineering Team and your tasks will be to:
- Carry out the software testing in accordance with DO-178.
- Develop and run the relevant tests on the test platforms to verify correctness of design.
- Debug issues (raised during the software development cycle) in the engine control software.
- Ensure traceability between all the software design and tests artefacts.
- Conduct independent peer reviews on tests produced by other team members.
- Draft all the final technical documents.
- Provide a clear status and workload to your lead.
- Participate to continuous improvement of the team performance (quality, efficiency, on-time delivery).
- degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2-6 years experience in a similar position
- Experience with engine control software
- Interest in troubleshoot complex software problems.
- Knowledge of DO-178
- Knowledge of C language, and scripting languages like Python
- Knowledge of SCADE, Matlab / Simulink or equivalent.
- Knowledge of testing tools Rational RTRT and / or LDRA;
- Software Knowledge: Microsoft Office, DOORS, SVN.
- Basics in communication protocols CAN, ARINC, RS-422, Ethernet.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, team-player.
- Curiosity, autonomy, pro-activity and ability to find solutions and compromises.
Please note that only selected applications will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
CS Group Canada values diversity in the workplace and encourages women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply.