Embedded Software Developer Team Lead
CS Group - Canada Inc. - Montréal, Quebec
CS Canada, a subsidiary of CS Group, is a leader in the development and certification of safety-critical systems in the defense, aeronautics, autonomous driving and railways industries. With over 100 engineers, we support our customers by offering innovative and leading-edge solutions that allow to accelerate functional safety and the commercialization of their technologies.
Joining CS Canada is a unique opportunity to work on complex high-tech systems for the most prestigious system manufacturers in North America, and our employees benefit from competitive salaries, complete benefits, and flexible work location and schedule.
We are looking for a Embedded Software Developer to join a dynamic and multidisciplinary team in charge of the certification of aircraft Electronic Engine Controllers.
The experienced software developer reports to a Team Lead. The tasks associated with the position include:
- Contributing to the preparation of the technical development plan and standard;
- Supporting the high-level software architecture of an embedded software (in compliance with the DO-178C development standard);
- Realizing the different stages of the formal development of software (specification, design of the components and modules, coding and verification);
- Checking the quality of the various software components produced by the other team members;
- Ensuring the integration of software packages;
- Reporting clear technical status to the team lead and customer Point of Contacts;
- Evaluating and consolidate workloads;
- More than 4 years experience in low-level embedded software development
- Experience in DO-178 standard or equivalent
- Ability to isolate and troubleshoot hardware, system and software problems
- Experience in writing technical documents (development plan, specification/design documents, etc).
- Software Knowledge: C – Language
- Experience in using Requirement Management tools such as DOORS
- Integrated development environment such as Eclipse
- Experience developing software for microcontroller on real-time applications
- Knowledge in communication protocols (CANbus, ARINC429, ethernet, Serial communication (RS-422, SPI, I2C))
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with multi-disciplinary stakeholders (system engineers, hardware engineers, managers, chief engineer etc…)
- Autonomy and ability to find solutions and compromises
- Proficient in English and French (speaking and writing)
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in computer or software engineering
Nice to have Assets
- Agile principles experience (Scrum master, sprint developments);
- Languages: C++, Python, Assembly code, Perl, PHP
Please note that only selected candidates and Permanent Residents/Canadian Citizens will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
CS Group Canada values diversity in the workplace and encourages women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply.